Probably you don’t know that growth of mold in your home or office may be contributing to your ill health. Molds and mildew thrive well in humid, wet and warm areas. Probably under the sinks and in the bathroom. Other times, they develop after heavy rains that cause dampness in the house.
The dangers of mold at home
Different types of mold can grow in your house depending on the region or the species that attacks. Some molds are called mildew, and they are equally dangerous. Some people are allergic to mold and touching its pores or breathing in a room with mold causes sneezing, red eyes and short breaths among others. The young kids and elderly people who may not understand the basics of taking the ultimate precautions can easily come in contact with the molds. Molds produce toxins which can also cause contamination to food and drinks leading to food poisoning.
Dampness in the house is enough to give you an uncomfortable smell. When molds thrive, they make the bad smell unbearable, and the house may need frequent refreshing. If the growth is massive, an intervention of a professional is necessary to apply the appropriate remedial action. However, removing the mold without treating the cause is useless as it will grow again. Professionals not only treat the mold but also treat the cause of dampness.
A heavy infestation of the mold for a long time contributes in corroding walls and metals. If the house is made of wood, the mold prevent evaporation and the wood remain wet and thus rots out. Mold is capable of eating off the concrete wall or chipboard ceiling gradually, and this can be harmful in the long run.
A well-painted wall or surface fades off and quickly takes the ugly greenish patches of molds. Due to the wetness and dampness, dust turns to mud making the surface look even worse. If a quick action is not taken the mold can attack other items like clothes and shoes causing unpleasant stains. However, all these can be prevented if the favorable conditions are terminated early enough.
Mold removal and remedial experts are the best to inspect and handle you mold problems upon detection. Do not hesitate to contact them anytime for professional services.